For a vegetarian, it’s difficult to find out something to eat that’s just as tasty as it is easy. Most dishes I try out are either too hard for me to cook because I dislike being in the kitchen, sweating and trying out something that might or might not work. I go with the tried and tested because…umm…it works?!
A while ago a friend of mine had made hummus at home and gave me a long list of its healthy tags. While I listened, I thought to myself, “This tastes yummy, it better be easy”. The first time I made it, I think I saw too many recipes on YouTube and it turned out not at all like your palette is familiarised with. I tried to savage it by adding curd, more olive oil and even giving it another spin in the mixer, but it ultimately had to be dumped.
Also Read: This is quite a shady business!
So, the next time I got around to making it, I just went ahead and tweaked it according to what felt right at the time. But to my utter surprise, this time the hummus came out worth every slurpy finger. It’s the easiest recipe I have discovered ever, and I don’t think it can be made any simpler.
- 3 tbsp/ 1 cup chickpeas soaked overnight and cooked in the pressure cooker next day
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lightly dry roasted til
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic paste/3-4 crushed garlic pods roasted in olive oil.
- 1-4 tsp salt
- Grind toasted til to paste with little olive oil
- Add the chickpeas, lemon juice, salt and garlic, churn again till smooth
- While the the mixer is running, add 2 tbsp olive oil a little at a time.
- Spoon the hummus in a bowl and drizzle olive oil and some red chilli flakes
Try it and let me know if it came out well. 🙂
Liked the recipe? Please comment, share and subscribe to us on our Youtube channel .
Instagram, Facebook, and Zomato yet?
We’re also on Snapchat and Roposo as @eatstyleshop. Follow along!